Savvy by Chidi Nwaogu, Nigeria’s young serial entrepreneur calls for applications into the 2021 Savvy Fellowship Program, a year round fellowship for aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs.
The Savvy Fellowship Program is open to entrepreneurs passionate about solving some of the world’s most pressing problems by means of innovation. This is for you who is seeking to build a successful impact-driven business. If you already own an early-stage business and eager to grow and scale into new markets and verticals, this is for you. Savvy is also looking for young individuals who are interested in being part of the new generation of impact-driven entrepreneurs.
Savvy is a global virtual Fellowship started by the CEO of Publiseer, for passionate and brilliant young individuals who want to be part of the new generation of impact entrepreneurs but thanks to the COVID-19 global crisis, many of the young people out there have lost their jobs and living in an uncertain world.
The fellowship is enabling these individuals with the necessary knowledge and skill to start their own impact-driven businesses and succeed as entrepreneurs.
Savvy Fellowship Program for 12 weeks, is not considering the stage your venture but will help answer all the relevant questions that they you need to kickstart your amazing impact venture to gain early traction, achieve product-market fit as well as scale into new markets.
Shedding light on the reasons for this brilliant fellowship program, Chidi Nwaogu, the Co-founder of Savvy explains,
“It’s no news that every day, I love sharing with others what I’ve learned from my experience as an entrepreneur, and Savvy is just an extension of that personal journey of sharing for me. Savvy is [a 12-week-long] virtual fellowship program that runs [through out the year].”
He continued, revealing that, selected Savvy Fellows will learn how to fund-raise for your business, how to build the right team to execute your business strategies, how to build hype and buzz around your product or service. You also know how to achieve product-market fit, scaling into new markets and verticals, and finally get knowledge on building customer loyalty and retention.
Who is eligible to apply?
Savvy Fellowship Program is is open to all aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs around the world, with no geographical, ethnic or academic restriction.
It is accepting new Fellows between the ages of 18 – 40, who can adequately demonstrate in the application their passion to learn and create lasting changes in their communities (and the world.) Interested persons above 40 are not left out if you possess at least 5 years of work or entrepreneurial experience.
Benefit of Savvy Fellowship Program
- Identify your ideal target customer, and build a product or service that exceeds their expectations.
- Make your product or service stand out from competing or substitute solutions in the market.
- Draft a solid go-to-market strategy, revenue model, and customer acquisition strategy for your business.
- Optimize your business operations, delegate properly, and build a winning team to execute your business strategies.
- Identify the right legal structure for your business, raise capital for your business, and forge strong strategic partnerships that will help you scale your business.
- Meet and interact with renowned business experts across various industries.
- Share your experiences with other Fellows, and learn from them.
- Explore industries beyond your daily work and expand your expertise.
- Strengthen your work through new connections, skills, and ideas.
- Join a global alumni network of over 2,500 entrepreneurs, to help you seek innovative solutions to common business challenges.
The Savvy Fellowship Program has no deadline for applications and the good news here is that, it is a fully-funded Fellowship program, so you won’t pay any fee for participating. Learn about what the fellowship entails and apply today.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!