Accenture in collaboration with Forbes Africa calls for entries as they search for Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups named Firestarter. Submissions of application end on 7th October, 2018. This is a search for Africa’s big thinkers and big doers!
The Africa’s Top 30 Tech Startups initiative is open to start-ups from across Africa who are solving the continent’s challenges in business, government, civil society. Accenture is also particularly interested in applicants in the spheres of artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain and security, big data and analytics capabilities, Industry X.0, DevTech and Automation as well as extended reality.
This is part of Accenture’s market-leading focus on open innovation. “Open innovation allows a path for collaboration between established businesses and innovative start-ups with great products, but no direct route to market,” says Sandiso Sibisi, Open Innovation Africa Lead at Accenture South Africa. “African start-ups often struggle to find an opportunity to plug their great technologies into established client value chains. Yet, with the right support, this all becomes possible, opening the doors to amazing opportunities for value creation, benefiting Africa and its people.”
Among other requirements include:
Your tech startup company must be a registered African start-up founded by an African which is less than nine (9) years old.
Startups Accenture is in search of, are companies;
- That are closing significant market gaps
- Whose core businesses demonstrate innovation
- That demonstrate exponential growth
- Whose products or services are unconstrained by geography
- The tech product must be market validated and at least have customers
Your tech product must be piloted and your start-up can be pre or post profit.
Benefits for listed startups include:
- Opportunity to join the global Accenture Open Innovation network, which will allow your tech product to be considered for other opportunities across the globe through Accenture.
- Participate in an Accenture led corporate market access week in Johannesburg, where you will be exposed to pitching techniques, client co-creation sessions and speed dates.
- Network with corporates and key stakeholders in the entrepreneurial ecosystem at the exclusive awards dinner in Johannesburg February 2019. Check out other benefits.
The 30 finalists will be compiled by November 30 and announced alongside the survey results in the Feb/Mar 2019 edition of Forbes Magazine.
If you qualify to be among Africa’s Top 30 Africa Tech Startups, APPLY HERE!
Send your African news tips & articles to email@example.com.