Africa 2018 Forum: Applications are open for the Next African Startup Initiative, a program launched in partnership between the Egyptian Ministry of Investment and International Cooperation (MIIC) and the International Finance Corporation. Deadline is October 21st.
The Program is selecting up to 100 promising African startups to participate in the Africa 2018 Forum in Sharm El-Sheikh from 8th to 10th December. The selected startups will be granted the opportunity to connect with international investors and financial institutions, government officials and policy makers from the African continent.
The African 2018 Forum, under the patronage of H.E. Abdel Fattah El-Sisi will be offering an opportunity to take the ever growing ecosystem in Africa a notch higher.
The aim of The Africa 2018 Forum initiative is to unlock the continent’s entrepreneurial potential by showing Africa’s best and brightest entrepreneurs and startups and creating markets for early stage businesses. The program targets Africa based startups that have already demonstrated some level of success either by generating revenue or by developing a working prototype.
The 100 successful African startups will have the opportunity to network and connect with top business and political leaders. Extra benefit for participating in The Africa 2018 Forum is a travel and accommodation expense to be covered by IFC (if need be). This is open to all African startup companies.
The following are the criteria for selection;
- Stage of preparation: The company must be generating revenue with demonstrated early success, or have a working prototype, or product on the market.
- Previous funding: The company should have already received one or two rounds of funding and now seeks Series A or B funding in the coming year.
- Positive impact: The startup must have the potential to make a substantial long term impact on African business and society as well as the commitment to improving the region.
- Viability: The company should have well-formulated goals and plans for development.
- Leadership: Your company must have visionary leadership with the capacity to drive it towards success.
- Independent company: You must not be a subsidiary or a joint venture.
The task of selecting the successful the Next 100 African Startups is promised to be handled by a competent and independent committee.
If your company qualifies to make the list of 100 African Startups for the African Startup Forum, kindly apply here. Deadline October, 21st.
Send your African news tips & articles to firstname.lastname@example.org.