The Apple Entrepreneur Camp calls for applications from female founders and developers worldwide and deadline is the 26th of March, 2021. A camp which includes an immersive tech lab, mentorship, support and education.
The goal of Apple Entrepreneur Camp is supporting entrepreneurs underrepresented in the tech space in their journey to building the next generations of cutting-edge applications and forming a global network which encourages pipeline and longevity of founders from different backgrounds.
At the core of this Camp is an intensive technology lab working one-on-one with Apple experts and engineers to significantly accelerate your app. Female founders will also hear from Apple executives and leaders on a variety of topics, such as the latest advances in machine learning and augmented reality.
Female founders and developers will again have the opportunity to connect as a cohort to discuss challenges specific to their communities, and form relationships with your fellow attendees. At the conclusion of the lab, participants have the opportunity to present their progress, get feedback, and chat with some of Apple’s most senior leaders.
Apple believes that gender expression is a fundamental right, hence encouraging all women founders as well as developers across the globe to apply to this program.
- Qualifying startup must have a female founder, co-founder or CEO
- The female developer must be proficient in Swift or Objective-C
- The developed app can be demonstrated live
- Interested participants must be above 18 years and be proficient in the English Language.
- You must be available for the entirety of the program.
Benefits of the Apple Entrepreneurs Camp
- A one-on-one code level guidance from Apple engineers
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders
The application process
It consists of four (4) parts including uploads and prompt written responses
- Company details: This tells Apple about your startup and you will provide contact information for up to three employees who would attend if you are selected.
- The app: You will provide details about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future: Describe what you plan to gain from participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, and your plans for the future.
- Other additional information: Select the dates for which you’d like to apply and provide any additional comments.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp says your application will be kept on file for one year. For more details about the program find out here. The camp commences in July 20th and ends on the 29th, 2021. APPLY HERE.
Apply to the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award & Win US$40,000
Africa Young Innovators for Health Award have launched their maiden challenge designed to highlight and support the work of trailblazing young entrepreneurs developing health innovations on the continent. The deadline for submitting applications is the 31st of March, 2021.
Organizers of the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award want to, with this initiative, encourage business entrepreneurship and help advance promising health care solutions that support and empower healthcare workers – those on the frontline of delivering healthcare to communities.
They therefore look out for innovative healthcare solutions directed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions such as training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare.
Who qualifies to apply?
- Interested persons wanting to apply must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of submitting applications for the Award and must also be a citizen or resident of an African country.
- Successful applicants will have to demonstrate how their inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact on healthcare workers.
How applications are evaluated
Applicants need to show their innovation is scalable, measurable, have a sustainable and positive impact on healthcare workers and that their innovation is commercially viable and at least at the proof of concept stage.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Innovation: The solution must have an innovative character, meaning it must break new ground and meet a challenge in its city, region or country.
- Scalability: The applicant must show the innovation can be scaled up and used in a wider region of the country, neighboring countries or across the continent.
- Impact: Your solution must show a measurable and sustainable impact on health. Importantly, the health solution needs to show not only that it supports, equips, protects and trains healthcare workers but that this is measurable and can be maintained and is therefore sustainable.
- Commercial viability: The innovative solution must be commercially viable, so they have to see that it is a business proposition, that it can compete effectively with its competitors and make a profit.
Benefits of the African Young Innovators for Health Award
Grand prize – $40,000
Second prize – $20,000
Third prize – $15,000
Participants will enter a 3-month Business Mentorship program from successful entrepreneurs.
If relevant, successful applicants will get technical support with Intellectual Property protection.
You will gain exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public.
The Africa Young Innovators for Health award is ably supported by IFPMA, a research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe and SpeakUp Africa, a policy and advocacy action tank dedicated to catalysing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. APPLY HERE
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!