AFIDBA calls for applications to the 2021 AFIDBA Accelerator Program aimed at supporting digital and inclusive startups in Africa towards scaling up. The partner incubators for AFIDBA are La Fabrique (Burkina Faso), Makesense (Senegal), Impact Lab (Morocco) and Innohub (Ghana).
AFIDBA fully known as – Afd For Inclusive and Digital Business in Africa – and which launched in January 2019 is a six (6) month support program dedicated to entrepreneurs and inclusive businesses in acceleration phase who are integrating into their business model, the vulnerable populations with very low incomes and with little or no access to essential goods & services.
The goal of the AFIDBA accelerator program is to contribute to the scaling up of the companies who successfully complete the program. With this, a combined 60 startups from the partner incubators in Senegal, Morocco, Burkina Faso and Ghana will be chosen. Some of whom will receive financing from the dedicated €500,000 fund.
Entrepreneurs have the chance of winning up to €15,000 (50% grant, 50% interest-free loan) for their company.
- Must be a committed and visionary entrepreneur running an impact business
- Your company is already generating revenue and want to take it to the next level
- You are one looking to boost your activities and develop your business
- An entrepreneur whose business involve working closely with vulnerable communities
- You are improving the living conditions of the vulnerable population
- You have to be available for 1-2 appointments a week for the 6 months period to attend the AFIDBA Acceleration Program
See the rules for the AFIDBA program
Some of the selection criteria include
- Your project must be pro gender enough
- The project or business must possess a strong digital dimension
- Successful projects must show strong potential for scaling up
What to expect during the program
- A one on one supporting program by means of strengthening business plans, going to market, as well as helping in team building, financing, impact, business model and more.
- A collective supporting program also, which involves collective training on BoP populations, digital tools, etc.
It is open to all Africans. DEADLINE is February 5th, 2021.
Click to apply in SENEGAL
Click to apply in GHANA
Click to apply in MOROCCO
To apply in Burkina Faso, firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company or organization? Email us at email@example.com.
The Global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge Calls for Applicants, Chance to Win €200K
Tommy Hilfiger announces launch its third annual global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge, supporting entrepreneurial startup and scale-up stage companies developing solutions and making the fashion landscape more inclusive.
Its mission according Tommy Hilfiger, is creating a fashion that Wastes Nothing and Welcomes All. The fashion frontier challenge will support entrepreneurs who are standing up for what they believe in and are committing to driving change in their communities.
The prizes for winners of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge aim at ﬁnancing and providing knowledge to grow their business ideas.
Launched in 2018, the third edition of the this fashion challenge endeavours to support black, indigenous and people of color entrepreneurs, especially those working to advance their communities and nurture a more inclusive future of fashion.
After the outdooring of the initiative Mr Tommy Hilger said that,
“I have been inspired by this talented group of social entrepreneurs whose innovations are making the fashion landscape more inclusive and sustainable.”
All interested fashion entrepreneurs are welcome to submit their applications which focus on creating an inclusive fashion value-chain.
Successful applicants are going to be narrowed down to six finalists and invited to virtually develop their project plans with the assistance of dedicated Tommy Hilfiger and external subject matter experts. There will be coaching from an experienced pitch coach, and the finalists will pitch their final concept to a prestigious jury panel and associate audience at the worldwide Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event, slated for early 2022.
What does Tommy Hilfiger consider a startup and a scale-up?
The Startup: The business should be in its early stages, it’s yet to reach product-market fit, still experimenting with customer segmentation and working toward overall positive contribution margin but you are making some revenue.
The Scaleup: The company has a validated product with product-market fit with a clear and sustainable unit economics (outlook), and it is in a growth-mode. You must have made revenue for at least a year.
- After applying, successful applicants will be notified in June 2021 to progress to the second round of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge.
- Once selected, participants provide additional information regarding their business enterprise, including a one-minute pitch video.
Note: Applications should be in English and business pitch also in English.
Progressing further will be six (6) finalists who are invited to further develop their business or project plans during a digital Design Sprint with the support of a team of dedicated internal Tommy Hilfiger associates and external specialists in October 2021.
Each finalist will pitch their concept at the global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event in early 2022, with a chance to win the prize package.
The Prize Package
- Win up to €200,000 and a chance at an additional €15,000 prize for winning the “Audience Favorite Vote”
- A year-long mentorship with Tommy Hilfiger’s internal experts globally and access to Tommy Hilfiger’s network brand association
- A place on the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Program (ISEP)
- Year-long INSEAD mentorship
The Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge application closes at midnight of 8th March, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!