The Pan African Women Empowerment Network (PAWEN) invites aspiring women entrepreneurs to apply to the 2021 Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program. A program seeking to provide aspiring female entrepreneurs with the necessary confidence, connections and competence to build the right foundation for their business ventures.
Participants of the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program (AEP) will be receiving practical knowledge and guidance on how they can move from the idea stage to the startup stage by implementing a model that assures long-term profitability and sustainability of their companies.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Women from all African countries
- Career professionals or students aiming to become full-time entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurs in search of a model to evaluate opportunities, manage startup and finance new ventures.
- You also qualify if an are an entrepreneur that wants to revisit your business models to enable them become more profitable and sustainable.
- One must have proficiency in verbal and written English.
- You must have regular (at least weekly) access to the Internet via a computer or tablet
- An entrepreneur who has 6 – 8 hours weekly to dedicate to the program
- A woman who has passion to establish a profitable, successful and sustainable enterprise.
The two (2) Phases of Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program 2021
PHASE 1 is running from March 2021 to May 2021. This stage empowers successful applicants with a comprehensive training adapted from a curriculum designed by an international organisation and used in more than 100 countries.
Sessions will be facilitated by experienced African entrepreneurs and faculty members of leading Business Schools. Mentors will also work with founders by helping them navigate the business landscape with less challenges.
PHASE 2 runs between June 2021 and August 2021. This further develops competencies of the most promising 50 entrepreneurs from phase 1 with a practical one-on-one business coaching from experienced business owners to help them start and grow their businesses successfully.
The promising 50 entrepreneurs have the opportunity to pitch for start-off grants and other funding.
Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program Structure
The curriculum is structured to include theses monthly activities:
- Peer review Sessions
- Book and Article Reviews
- Group Mentoring Sessions
- Individual coaching sessions in Phase 2 only
Benefits for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- You enjoy a practical knowledge to help you start up and grow your business
- Opportunity to network with other women to help and support you
- You get mentoring from successful women entrepreneurs across Africa
- There are resources to help you grow and scale your business
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with other African women and access startup grants.
Deadline for submitting applications is 12th of February 2021. Successful applicants will receive email notifications on the 24th of February, 2021 and the onboarding of the aspiring entrepreneurs commences on March 1.
MEST Africa: Applications Opens to Aspiring Tech Entrepreneurs in Class of 2022
MEST Africa calls for applications into the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology Training Program Class of 2022. This is a twelve (12) month graduate-level training program for aspiring tech startup founders on the continent of Africa. Deadline is the 29th of April, 2021.
The MEST Africa entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
The MEST Africa Training Program is the leading entrepreneurial training program in Africa in business, communications and software development which includes extensive hands-on project work for trainees, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow their businesses.
The successful world-class MEST Training Program annually runs with the help of an internationally recognized faculty. Its teaching fellows come from some of the best universities around the globe with the likes of Oxford, Stanford, Harvard and more.
They as well offer selected entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Some of its guest lecturers are executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, etc.
This year, MEST Africa says it is welcoming entrepreneurs living in Ghana and Nigeria mainly because of the way organizations operate around the world today due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, causing travel restrictions and moving many workplaces to adopt digital solutions.
Who qualifies to to be accepted into the MEST Africa Training Program?
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
The MEST Africa Training Program commences on the 1st of September and ends on the 31 of August, 2022. All interested persons should find out more about the Curriculum Structure. You will complete their pre-learning courses, take an aptitude test and the Training Program Application form. This is a fully sponsored training for all qualified entrepreneurs.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!