AWS Activate invites application of female entrepreneurs for the AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led. The program aims at supporting Women Founded or Led startups in Africa and providing access to AWS mentors and experts.
This is in recognition that many women founders are perpetually busy and fiercely dedicated to their businesses, ambitions, and families, there such a platform is highly welcome to give them a push. In 2021 the team will be launching the AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startups program.
Qualifying participants can be building technology core or technology-enabled businesses, that are solving real problems and working to implement technology solutions within their existing or new startup businesses.
Who qualifies for AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led.
- Be able to commit up to 3 hours every 5 weeks for AWS Africa Startup Connect sessions.
- Be availabile to connect with mentors based on scheduled opportunities.
- Be willing to learn from and share their own experience with peers.
- Complete a 5 slide story deck about the founder and startup (template will be provided to all participants)
- Have an interest in learning about new technologies & services like Machine Learning and AI to enhance their products, services and business.
- Qualify as Startups that:
- are founded, co-founded by Women or have a Women in a senior leadership position.
- are based in or have their primary business and teams in Africa.
- are technology core or enabled startups.
- are less than 10 years old.
- have secured or have the intention to raise pre-Seed, Seed or Series A investment.
Benefits of joining the AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startups program
- AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startup Sessions.
- Women Founded & Led Office Hours (Access to Account Managers & Solution Architects).
- Access to AWS startup support programs like Mentorship & AWS Activate.
- Support for qualifying innovative Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence Use Cases & Proof of Concepts.
- Qualifying introductions to relevant Accelerators & Investors.
- Access to relevant AWS events & trainings.
- Networking with other Women Startup Founders & Leaders from Africa.
- Selection for AWS Startup Story reference opportunities.
- Participating startup founders or leaders who already have a working MVP on AWS infrastructure, a market deployed product on AWS or those interested in migrating existing project to AWS may qualify for the AWS migration support program and AWS service credits.
- Women Founded and Led Startups are invited to join by completing the application form by 18 January 2021.
- The AWS Africa startup team will connect with you directly to complete on-boarding process.
- An invitation with the date & time for the first AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startups session will be shared in early February 2021.
- Regular updates on 2021 events, trainings and opportunities will be shared with the community.
AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led application deadline is the 18th of January, 2021.
The Africa Startup Initiative Program In Search of 10 Startups Disrupting the Tech Space. Get €15K in Cash
The Africa Startup Initiative Program (ASIP) by Startupbootcamp AfriTech is looking for the nextgen of startups disrupting industry sectors including FinTech, InsureTech, AgriTech, eCommerce, Digital Health, and CleanTech.
This programme is ideal for startups with a mobile tech focus. It is currently backed by anchor partner Telecel Group and additional corporate partners are lining up to engage with startups through pilots and Proof of Concepts projects that can open the doors for longer term commercial agreements.
According to Africa Startup Initiative Program (ASIP), it intends scouting within the next month and the corporate Founding Partners will help determine the key focus areas of the startup applicants.
Corporate Partners are also invited to join the selection committee which determines the final 10 startups that participate in the 3 month ASIP Accelerator Program. This is a unique opportunity to bring startup innovation into your organization, and SBC AfriTech will help facilitate successful pilot projects with your organization.
Since 2017, the programme has accelerated 29 African startups that have set an incredibly high standard for the next program, where 90% are still operating and scaling at impressive rates, 40% have raised follow-on rounds of funding and 50% of the startups raising capital have closed rounds at valuations more than 10 times since Demo Day.
Applications will soon open and the 10 startups in the program will receive benefits valued at more than €500,000, including credits from AWS, Google Cloud Services, and many more. SBC also invests €15,000 in cash.
Other benefits in the Africa Startup Initiative Program include;
Investor Access – Where you meet the most active VCs and Angel investors in your industry from around the world
Masterclasses – Expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals – from business model canvas, lean methodology to fundraising
Living Expenses – €15,000 in cash per team to cover living expenses during the program. Find out more on the benefits.
Applications to the Africa Startup Initiative Programme will open on 15th March and close on the 25th April. Demo Day is 23rd of September, 2021. NOTE: StartupBootcamp takes 8% equity in the companies. Find out more.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!