If you are interested in starting a blog, you need to learn about the different blogging tools that are available. One of the best and most powerful tools out there is WordPress. This program has many powerful features, yet it is also easy to learn. Keep reading to see how you can start using it.
1. Author biography: Be sure to add an author biography to each blog post on boards where many bloggers are posting. In this way, each blogger gets proper credit and it is easier for readers to know who posted what at a glance. Furthermore, readers will tend to stay on your page if they can get all the information they need in one place.
2. Set a publishing time for your blog posts: When editing an article for publication, you can select when it will be published. It’s a good idea to set regular updates for a specific date and time. To really stay on top of keeping your blog up to date, put your blog posts in ahead of time and let WordPress post them to your blog for you.
3. Pay attention to your footer: The bottom of your page does not just have to be wasted space. Instead, put in an important link or work in a few words about who you are and what you do. You could even use the footer to tell visitors a little more about the site itself.
4. Clear cache: You might work hard to alter your blog and erroneously believe that your changes have not been saved. That’s not necessarily the case. Clear your cache to see if it will fix the problem. If your press the “shift” key while reloading your browser, the changes you made should show.
5. Your visitors should share articles: Encourage your users to share your site with their friends, family and loved ones on the top social media sites. Twitter and Facebook are the most optimal sites that come to mind, as this can get your name across to millions of different people. A social sharing plugin can be used to facilitate this.
6. Creating a line break: If you want to create a line break, but not a paragraph break, hold shift while you press the enter key. This moves the cursor down to the next line without including any blank space. If you want to put a letterhead-type address on your page, this should make it a snap.
7. Constantly work on improving your permalinks: As WordPress becomes more popular, your traffic may decline. Change the URLs of your WordPress articles and incorporate higher quality keywords. You can minimize the amount of keywords as long as their value increases. This can be a nice boost to the traffic you see.
8. Enable comments with avatar: As you begin getting comments on your posts, consider allowing people to post with an avatar. It helps your site feel like more of a community, and it only takes a minute to do. Simply go to the settings area of your dashboard and then click on “discussion.” You should see the option there to enable avatars.
9. Install social sharing plugins: Incorporate a social sharing plugin for your WordPress blog. Integrating social media with your blog will be a great boon to your traffic. Your users can instantly share your article through Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. Look for a plugin that will allow liking and sharing, since both will be beneficial.
10. Frequent update for chosen template: When you are choosing a WordPress template to use, pick something that gets frequent updates. You do not want to use a template whose creator has abandoned updates because sometimes you have to address security issues. A creator who is proactive in updating his template will give you a better product.
11. Install social networking plugins: Remember that social media is integral to the success of both blogs and websites today, so you should install social networking plugins which allow you to share your content through your accounts. Facebook Connect is one example of an excellent tool to use to repost your content to your Facebook account.
12. Schedule your posts: Schedule posts a few days ahead for your blog in WordPress. You can schedule them to post, even if you aren’t around. You can do this by tapping into the Publish box on your edit screen. Click “Publish Immediately” under that. Put the time you want the blogs to post in military time. Hit “OK.” When the “Schedule For” screen comes up, check it, and hit “Schedule” if it’s correct.
13. The only way to learn WordPress is by practicing it. You can sign up for a free account in WordPress.com and start experimenting with its multitude of features. Change images, background color, font sizes, etc. The more you get your hands on it, the more comfortable you will feel about using it.
This article has shared many great tips and tricks about using WordPress to blog. However, there is a lot more information out there that will be of use to you. Use the advice that you have read here as a starting point, but keep looking for more tips about using WordPress.
Become A Member of JOBACOM, to access Loans, Accommodation, Business Support & Internships. Call/Whatsapp on 0231626480 now.
Was this article useful? Kindly leave your comment.