The Africa Blockchain Insitute (ABI) opens application for the Campus Blockchain Hackathon 2021. This competition is open to all students of higher academic institutions across Africa, to give an early exposure to the career and business opportunities presently being made available by the Blockchain/DLT Digital Innovations.
According to the program organizers of campus blockchain hackathon 2021, the hackathon creates a structured and sustainable platform that should nurture and empower exciting developers by providing and democratizing access to needed knowledge, funding and importantly, mentorship.
How the Campus Blockchain Hackathon 2021 will be organized
The early stages of the event will be held virtually and the final event takes place physically in Rwanda. The call for applications is open to Africans and students of African descendants studying in any African institutions of higher learning.
The program starts with a contest within each African country. The individual winners progress to a regional stage competition which is still online. After this, the eventual winners from the regional contest get an invitation to go to Rwanda for the Grand Finale at the a physical event with all expenses paid.
The Campus Blockchain Hackathon topics are as follows:
- Fintech infrastructure/Digital Wallets (meant to help those who do not have access to banking)
- Human rights protection
- Land ownership and registration
- National voting platforms
- High-tech job creation
- Allowed to introduce any other topic that best serves the needs of Africa
The 2021 Campus Blockchain Hackathon says it is increasingly looking for ambitious students that are forward thinking, innovative, and ready to take on challenges by creating the next “Big Thing.”
What more to be eligible to participate?
- Again, an African or of African descent who is currently learning in any African institution of higher learning
- Possess a student ID Card
- Basic Knowledge of programming languages – ability to write code in one or all of these languages is mandatory: Solidity, C++, or C.
- Having a Github account is a must.
Benefits for participants
First prize – 25,000 TONS
Second – 15,000 TONS
Third prize – 5000 TONS
Fourth to twentieth prize – 1000 TONS
Deadline for submission of applications is 22nd January, 2021. APPLY HERE.
Apply to the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award & Win US$40,000
Africa Young Innovators for Health Award have launched their maiden challenge designed to highlight and support the work of trailblazing young entrepreneurs developing health innovations on the continent. The deadline for submitting applications is the 31st of March, 2021.
Organizers of the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award want to, with this initiative, encourage business entrepreneurship and help advance promising health care solutions that support and empower healthcare workers – those on the frontline of delivering healthcare to communities.
They therefore look out for innovative healthcare solutions directed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions such as training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare.
Who qualifies to apply?
- Interested persons wanting to apply must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of submitting applications for the Award and must also be a citizen or resident of an African country.
- Successful applicants will have to demonstrate how their inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact on healthcare workers.
How applications are evaluated
Applicants need to show their innovation is scalable, measurable, have a sustainable and positive impact on healthcare workers and that their innovation is commercially viable and at least at the proof of concept stage.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Innovation: The solution must have an innovative character, meaning it must break new ground and meet a challenge in its city, region or country.
- Scalability: The applicant must show the innovation can be scaled up and used in a wider region of the country, neighboring countries or across the continent.
- Impact: Your solution must show a measurable and sustainable impact on health. Importantly, the health solution needs to show not only that it supports, equips, protects and trains healthcare workers but that this is measurable and can be maintained and is therefore sustainable.
- Commercial viability: The innovative solution must be commercially viable, so they have to see that it is a business proposition, that it can compete effectively with its competitors and make a profit.
Benefits of the African Young Innovators for Health Award
Grand prize – $40,000
Second prize – $20,000
Third prize – $15,000
Participants will enter a 3-month Business Mentorship program from successful entrepreneurs.
If relevant, successful applicants will get technical support with Intellectual Property protection.
You will gain exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public.
The Africa Young Innovators for Health award is ably supported by IFPMA, a research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe and SpeakUp Africa, a policy and advocacy action tank dedicated to catalysing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. APPLY HERE
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!