I talk with a lot of folks about building their careers & business. The folks are at all different levels. But the biggest thing I hear is that they are not finding the success they want. The moment I start to delve deep, I find the same problem with all of them. They’re aren’t finding the success they want because they aren’t clear on their goals.
But 2016 is going to be different. I hope it becomes different for you too.
Don’t try things. Do things.
Feel free to try different ways of doing things until you find what works. Be laser focused on the desired outcome, and flexible about the approach. Be willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish your impossible. So what if you have more than one outcome you want to achieve this year?
Here’s my advice:
- List all the goals you’d like to achieve this year
- Go through it and identify the top 4
- Focus on accomplishing one of your top 4 every quarter
- By the end of the year you would have accomplished 4 major goals
Imagine the power in that versus trying to accomplish everything all at once. So here’s how it works for me.
The big goals I have this year include:
- Raising one million dollars for charity
- Getting at least 10,000 subscribers to my newsletter
- Coaching 5 millionaire clients to accomplish the impossible
- Travelling to 10 new countries
There are many other goals like starting pastoral ministry training, increasing my personal giving by 10% and personal savings by another 10%. But these are not goals that require any extra amount of work. I only need to enroll in Bible College and attend classes, and then make the necessary budgetary adjustments to increase my giving and savings.
- 1st Quarter – Get 10,000 subscribers to my email list
- 2nd Quarter – Get 5 Millionaire coaching clients
- 3rd quarter – Raise one million for charity
- 4th Quarter – Travel to 10 new countries
So if you’re ready to achieve major goals this year… GET LASER FOCUSED. Did I miss anything? What goals will you target this year? I’ll love to hear from you.