LabEight Africa, a venture initiative helping entrepreneurs by providing support for startups, calls for application from entrepreneurs in Africa to its LaunchPad Spring 2021 programme.
LabEight Africa Program is supporting entrepreneurs on the continent by providing them the needed operational and technical assistance and equipping these startup founders with business as well as leadership skills they really need in order to build socially conscious solutions. In so doing, delivering on its mandate of growing a world class local ecosystem.
The objective of the launchpad program is,
- To train and mentor young African entrepreneurs to devlop world-class solutions
- To be socially impacting, by contributing hugely to the tech ecosysytem
- To help find solutions to social and economic burdens in Africa
The program offers the following;
LabEight Africa will assign a team of experienced and accomplished entrepreneurs to offer in-depth and personalized advice.
There will be opportunity for growth via the development and execution of strategies to enable customer acquisition, validation and market expansion.
This is a 3-month program which starts on March 1st 2021 and demo day is due for June 15th 2021. Six (6) outstanding startups will be accepted into the LaunchPad Spring 2021 program.
Benefits for entrepreneurs
- A CTO/CxO match making model where successful serial entrepreneurs and experienced product developers join your company’s founding team.
- There is going to be One-on-One meeting with coaches and mentors from the LabEight team, which comprise of over 25 serial entrepreneurs and investors.
- LabSeries events addressing topics relevant to startups including understanding market size, choosing a revenue model and how to pitch.
- Exclusive Pitch Night where companies have the opportunity to pitch to an audience of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors and community members.
Your network determines your worth. LabEight Africa launchpad will help you build relationships within each cohort of companies and the community of global LabEight alumni.
According to LabEight Africa, their incubator program is good for you because, they reach out to work with local entrepreneurs in building solutions that are sustainable. You focus on one niche and develop solutions for that niche. They located in Toronto, London Washinton DC and Lagos.
MEST Africa: Applications Opens to Aspiring Tech Entrepreneurs in Class of 2022
MEST Africa calls for applications into the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology Training Program Class of 2022. This is a twelve (12) month graduate-level training program for aspiring tech startup founders on the continent of Africa. Deadline is the 29th of April, 2021.
The MEST Africa entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
The MEST Africa Training Program is the leading entrepreneurial training program in Africa in business, communications and software development which includes extensive hands-on project work for trainees, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow their businesses.
The successful world-class MEST Training Program annually runs with the help of an internationally recognized faculty. Its teaching fellows come from some of the best universities around the globe with the likes of Oxford, Stanford, Harvard and more.
They as well offer selected entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Some of its guest lecturers are executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, etc.
This year, MEST Africa says it is welcoming entrepreneurs living in Ghana and Nigeria mainly because of the way organizations operate around the world today due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, causing travel restrictions and moving many workplaces to adopt digital solutions.
Who qualifies to to be accepted into the MEST Africa Training Program?
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
The MEST Africa Training Program commences on the 1st of September and ends on the 31 of August, 2022. All interested persons should find out more about the Curriculum Structure. You will complete their pre-learning courses, take an aptitude test and the Training Program Application form. This is a fully sponsored training for all qualified entrepreneurs.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!