MEST Africa calls for applications into the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology Training Program Class of 2022. This is a twelve (12) month graduate-level training program for aspiring tech startup founders on the continent of Africa. Deadline is the 29th of April, 2021.
The MEST Africa entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
The MEST Africa Training Program is the leading entrepreneurial training program in Africa in business, communications and software development which includes extensive hands-on project work for trainees, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow their businesses.
The successful world-class MEST Training Program annually runs with the help of an internationally recognized faculty. Its teaching fellows come from some of the best universities around the globe with the likes of Oxford, Stanford, Harvard and more.
They as well offer selected entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Some of its guest lecturers are executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, etc.
This year, MEST Africa says it is welcoming entrepreneurs living in Ghana and Nigeria mainly because of the way organizations operate around the world today due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, causing travel restrictions and moving many workplaces to adopt digital solutions.
Who qualifies to to be accepted into the MEST Africa Training Program?
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
- Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
The MEST Africa Training Program commences on the 1st of September and ends on the 31 of August, 2022. All interested persons should find out more about the Curriculum Structure. You will complete their pre-learning courses, take an aptitude test and the Training Program Application form. This is a fully sponsored training for all qualified entrepreneurs.
Apply to the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award & Win US$40,000
Africa Young Innovators for Health Award have launched their maiden challenge designed to highlight and support the work of trailblazing young entrepreneurs developing health innovations on the continent. The deadline for submitting applications is the 31st of March, 2021.
Organizers of the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award want to, with this initiative, encourage business entrepreneurship and help advance promising health care solutions that support and empower healthcare workers – those on the frontline of delivering healthcare to communities.
They therefore look out for innovative healthcare solutions directed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions such as training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare.
Who qualifies to apply?
- Interested persons wanting to apply must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of submitting applications for the Award and must also be a citizen or resident of an African country.
- Successful applicants will have to demonstrate how their inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact on healthcare workers.
How applications are evaluated
Applicants need to show their innovation is scalable, measurable, have a sustainable and positive impact on healthcare workers and that their innovation is commercially viable and at least at the proof of concept stage.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Innovation: The solution must have an innovative character, meaning it must break new ground and meet a challenge in its city, region or country.
- Scalability: The applicant must show the innovation can be scaled up and used in a wider region of the country, neighboring countries or across the continent.
- Impact: Your solution must show a measurable and sustainable impact on health. Importantly, the health solution needs to show not only that it supports, equips, protects and trains healthcare workers but that this is measurable and can be maintained and is therefore sustainable.
- Commercial viability: The innovative solution must be commercially viable, so they have to see that it is a business proposition, that it can compete effectively with its competitors and make a profit.
Benefits of the African Young Innovators for Health Award
Grand prize – $40,000
Second prize – $20,000
Third prize – $15,000
Participants will enter a 3-month Business Mentorship program from successful entrepreneurs.
If relevant, successful applicants will get technical support with Intellectual Property protection.
You will gain exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public.
The Africa Young Innovators for Health award is ably supported by IFPMA, a research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe and SpeakUp Africa, a policy and advocacy action tank dedicated to catalysing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. APPLY HERE
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!