Mest Africa calls for applications to its accelerator called Mest Express Program, for early stage tech founders in Ghana. Deadline for submitting interest is the 24th of January, 2021.
The Mest Express accelerator program is aimed at these young companies to equip them in Ghana to withstand the adverse effect of the COVID-19 pandemic hitting Africa and the world hard of which Ghana is part.
The MEST Express Program is a 20-week acceleration program for early and growth stage startups in any industry and with any business model in Ghana, that provides a curriculum focusing on interactive workshops tailored to the specific needs of the tech companies. It will further offer practical outcome-based sprints at the end of which participants will have ramped up capacity in that business aspect with traction to back it up.
MEST Africa says the graduands of MEST Express program should be looking out for exponential business growth after the program. This they believe because participating companies should be receiving tailored hands-on support and mentorship to help them build resilience, increase business operations and technical know-how, as well as ramp up traction, gain market share, boost sales,and create meaningful jobs.
The top performing techstartups after the MEST Express program will recieve a grant funding after an investment style pitch.
The key areas of interests designed for the MEST Express program
- Risk Management & Crisis Resilience
- Marketing & Brand Awareness
- Investment Readiness & Startup Funding
- Sales & Customer Acquisition
- Market Research & Competitive Analysis
- Metrics, Analytics & Insights
- Organisational Structuring & Recruitment
- Product Development, Management & Positioning
Who is eligible to apply?
- Companies between 1 and 3 years old
- Companies that are just technology enabled or driven
- You are currently generating revenue
- Your can demonstrate traction for your business idea
- Luckily any business model is good to go
- Since inception you have received less than or close $100,000 in funding
- Importantly, the techstartup must be based in Ghana
Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company or organization? Email your story to email@example.com.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!