Mest Africa calls for applications to its accelerator called Mest Express Program, for early stage tech founders in Ghana. Deadline for submitting interest is the 24th of January, 2021.
The Mest Express accelerator program is aimed at these young companies to equip them in Ghana to withstand the adverse effect of the COVID-19 pandemic hitting Africa and the world hard of which Ghana is part.
The MEST Express Program is a 20-week acceleration program for early and growth stage startups in any industry and with any business model in Ghana, that provides a curriculum focusing on interactive workshops tailored to the specific needs of the tech companies. It will further offer practical outcome-based sprints at the end of which participants will have ramped up capacity in that business aspect with traction to back it up.
MEST Africa says the graduands of MEST Express program should be looking out for exponential business growth after the program. This they believe because participating companies should be receiving tailored hands-on support and mentorship to help them build resilience, increase business operations and technical know-how, as well as ramp up traction, gain market share, boost sales,and create meaningful jobs.
The top performing techstartups after the MEST Express program will recieve a grant funding after an investment style pitch.
The key areas of interests designed for the MEST Express program
- Risk Management & Crisis Resilience
- Marketing & Brand Awareness
- Investment Readiness & Startup Funding
- Sales & Customer Acquisition
- Market Research & Competitive Analysis
- Metrics, Analytics & Insights
- Organisational Structuring & Recruitment
- Product Development, Management & Positioning
Who is eligible to apply?
- Companies between 1 and 3 years old
- Companies that are just technology enabled or driven
- You are currently generating revenue
- Your can demonstrate traction for your business idea
- Luckily any business model is good to go
- Since inception you have received less than or close $100,000 in funding
- Importantly, the techstartup must be based in Ghana
Deadline for applications is 24th January, 2021. Apply HERE
Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company or organization? Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge Calls for Applicants, Chance to Win €200K
Tommy Hilfiger announces launch its third annual global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge, supporting entrepreneurial startup and scale-up stage companies developing solutions and making the fashion landscape more inclusive.
Its mission according Tommy Hilfiger, is creating a fashion that Wastes Nothing and Welcomes All. The fashion frontier challenge will support entrepreneurs who are standing up for what they believe in and are committing to driving change in their communities.
The prizes for winners of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge aim at ﬁnancing and providing knowledge to grow their business ideas.
Launched in 2018, the third edition of the this fashion challenge endeavours to support black, indigenous and people of color entrepreneurs, especially those working to advance their communities and nurture a more inclusive future of fashion.
After the outdooring of the initiative Mr Tommy Hilger said that,
“I have been inspired by this talented group of social entrepreneurs whose innovations are making the fashion landscape more inclusive and sustainable.”
All interested fashion entrepreneurs are welcome to submit their applications which focus on creating an inclusive fashion value-chain.
Successful applicants are going to be narrowed down to six finalists and invited to virtually develop their project plans with the assistance of dedicated Tommy Hilfiger and external subject matter experts. There will be coaching from an experienced pitch coach, and the finalists will pitch their final concept to a prestigious jury panel and associate audience at the worldwide Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event, slated for early 2022.
What does Tommy Hilfiger consider a startup and a scale-up?
The Startup: The business should be in its early stages, it’s yet to reach product-market fit, still experimenting with customer segmentation and working toward overall positive contribution margin but you are making some revenue.
The Scaleup: The company has a validated product with product-market fit with a clear and sustainable unit economics (outlook), and it is in a growth-mode. You must have made revenue for at least a year.
- After applying, successful applicants will be notified in June 2021 to progress to the second round of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge.
- Once selected, participants provide additional information regarding their business enterprise, including a one-minute pitch video.
Note: Applications should be in English and business pitch also in English.
Progressing further will be six (6) finalists who are invited to further develop their business or project plans during a digital Design Sprint with the support of a team of dedicated internal Tommy Hilfiger associates and external specialists in October 2021.
Each finalist will pitch their concept at the global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event in early 2022, with a chance to win the prize package.
The Prize Package
- Win up to €200,000 and a chance at an additional €15,000 prize for winning the “Audience Favorite Vote”
- A year-long mentorship with Tommy Hilfiger’s internal experts globally and access to Tommy Hilfiger’s network brand association
- A place on the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Program (ISEP)
- Year-long INSEAD mentorship
The Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge application closes at midnight of 8th March, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!