Mest Africa calls for applications to its accelerator called Mest Express Program, for early stage tech founders in Ghana. Deadline for submitting interest is the 24th of January, 2021.
The Mest Express accelerator program is aimed at these young companies to equip them in Ghana to withstand the adverse effect of the COVID-19 pandemic hitting Africa and the world hard of which Ghana is part.
The MEST Express Program is a 20-week acceleration program for early and growth stage startups in any industry and with any business model in Ghana, that provides a curriculum focusing on interactive workshops tailored to the specific needs of the tech companies. It will further offer practical outcome-based sprints at the end of which participants will have ramped up capacity in that business aspect with traction to back it up.
MEST Africa says the graduands of MEST Express program should be looking out for exponential business growth after the program. This they believe because participating companies should be receiving tailored hands-on support and mentorship to help them build resilience, increase business operations and technical know-how, as well as ramp up traction, gain market share, boost sales,and create meaningful jobs.
The top performing techstartups after the MEST Express program will recieve a grant funding after an investment style pitch.
The key areas of interests designed for the MEST Express program
- Risk Management & Crisis Resilience
- Marketing & Brand Awareness
- Investment Readiness & Startup Funding
- Sales & Customer Acquisition
- Market Research & Competitive Analysis
- Metrics, Analytics & Insights
- Organisational Structuring & Recruitment
- Product Development, Management & Positioning
Who is eligible to apply?
- Companies between 1 and 3 years old
- Companies that are just technology enabled or driven
- You are currently generating revenue
- Your can demonstrate traction for your business idea
- Luckily any business model is good to go
- Since inception you have received less than or close $100,000 in funding
- Importantly, the techstartup must be based in Ghana
Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company or organization? Email your story to email@example.com.
Apply to the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award & Win US$40,000
Africa Young Innovators for Health Award have launched their maiden challenge designed to highlight and support the work of trailblazing young entrepreneurs developing health innovations on the continent. The deadline for submitting applications is the 31st of March, 2021.
Organizers of the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award want to, with this initiative, encourage business entrepreneurship and help advance promising health care solutions that support and empower healthcare workers – those on the frontline of delivering healthcare to communities.
They therefore look out for innovative healthcare solutions directed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions such as training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare.
Who qualifies to apply?
- Interested persons wanting to apply must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of submitting applications for the Award and must also be a citizen or resident of an African country.
- Successful applicants will have to demonstrate how their inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact on healthcare workers.
How applications are evaluated
Applicants need to show their innovation is scalable, measurable, have a sustainable and positive impact on healthcare workers and that their innovation is commercially viable and at least at the proof of concept stage.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Innovation: The solution must have an innovative character, meaning it must break new ground and meet a challenge in its city, region or country.
- Scalability: The applicant must show the innovation can be scaled up and used in a wider region of the country, neighboring countries or across the continent.
- Impact: Your solution must show a measurable and sustainable impact on health. Importantly, the health solution needs to show not only that it supports, equips, protects and trains healthcare workers but that this is measurable and can be maintained and is therefore sustainable.
- Commercial viability: The innovative solution must be commercially viable, so they have to see that it is a business proposition, that it can compete effectively with its competitors and make a profit.
Benefits of the African Young Innovators for Health Award
Grand prize – $40,000
Second prize – $20,000
Third prize – $15,000
Participants will enter a 3-month Business Mentorship program from successful entrepreneurs.
If relevant, successful applicants will get technical support with Intellectual Property protection.
You will gain exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public.
The Africa Young Innovators for Health award is ably supported by IFPMA, a research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe and SpeakUp Africa, a policy and advocacy action tank dedicated to catalysing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. APPLY HERE
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!