We are in an era where the success of one’s personal brand is critical to the success of his/her corporate brand and that’s the more reason why everyone must pay attention to their personal brands.
“A personal (Brand) is more than just a creative name, cute logo or complimentary card; it’s a promise of value, it’s a distinctive voice, it’s a core message, it’s passion driven by purpose, it’s a positive impact that creates an impression” – Bernard Kelvin Clive.
Here are the 7 Personal Branding Trends to look out for in 2016 in Ghana, Africa.
1. Personal websites: a rapid increase in personal websites.
2. Blogging: blogging will be taking on a new form; we are going to see individuals and companies taking blogging more seriously. We will have lots of individuals spearheading corporate brand blogs. Last year we saw people like Kobby Blay of GhanaHealthnest.com, championing health blogging, ace journalist, Manasseh Awuni Azure who took journalism with blogging to a whole new level of consistency and trusted relevant information, Naa Oyo Quartey with her lifestyle blog naaoyooquartey.com sharing insightful resources.
3. Social media influencers: there is going to be a demand of social media influencers to champion brands and businesses. The well positioned individuals will have the upper hand and will be in high demand.
It’s time to build a strong social media following.
Individuals like Adu Amani, Ama Ohene-Agyei, Lawrencia Zigah, Maame Acey Yamoah, Prosper Afuti, Naa Adjeley(Jessica Konney) could be a power influencer to be poached by corporate brands.
4. Professional Photos: with a smart phone now everyone is a photographer, however in the coming year the demand for professional photos will be on the rise. As we seek to go more professional in our personal brands. Special photoshoots will be required to gain the attention needed.
5. Video blogs and posts: with Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms currently optimizing videos, there will be a need to have short videos about products and services all over the place. Personal brands seeking to make huge impact will take advantage of video content marketing.
NB: If you haven’t tried Periscope yet, do so now.
6. Mobile apps: we are in the mobile era, where apps power the revolution. As the use of mobile apps takes off, we are going to see more local app developers developing apps for various brands, individuals, product and services.
Check the Bisa – Health app, Rebrand – Branding app, The Last Meal – Devotional App, Slydepay – Utility Payment app.
7. Fake Brands: yes, don’t be surprise, Ghana is still in the gold rush stage of personal branding and everyone wants to have a share of it. People who haven’t built and earned it will jump in quickly with fake ‘expert’ status, paid false followers on social media, etc. Be warned and don’t be deceived.
NB: Authentic personal brands are built on the foundation of purpose, true service, trust and credibility.
Was this article useful? Kindly leave your comment.