Nigeria’s fintech startup providing digital financial services solutions and payment infrastructure directly to consumers known as TeamApt, has launched its first Women in Tech Internship Programme.
The Women in Tech Internship Programme is aimed at the university graduate with an interest in building a career in technology. It is a six (6) month paid internship established to address some of the gender disparity that currently exists in Nigeria’s tech ecosystem – particularly within the fintech space.
Their goal at TeamApt for this women in tech internship programmme is providing women with the opportunity to grow their skills by gaining the necessary experience in advancing their careers. Applications are now open.
Founded in 2015, TeamApt has worked with a wide range of African banks and 100% of all commercial banks in Nigeria. As part of the company’s efforts to deepen financial inclusion across Nigeria, the company recently shifted its focus from delivering financial services products to banks, to delivering products for consumers and businesses. They have built on their stellar performance in 2020, recording 150% overall QonQ growth and $3.9 billion transaction value across their existing products – Moniepoint and Monnify.
Speaking on the launch and call for applications in a press statement, Managing Director and CEO of TeamApt Tosin Eniolorunda says,
“Many women continue to face challenges in advancing their careers in tech. While the technology industry continuously strives to bridge the gender inequality gap, female talent remains widely underrepresented in most technical roles.”
He disclosed that as an organisation, they are committed to equality and normalizing the inclusion of women in such roles. The TeamApt Women in Tech Internship Programme is one of the ways by which the fintech company is ensuring an increase in the existing quota and provide opportunities for viable careers within the tech industry.
Interested applicants in the TeamApt Women in Tech Internships Programme can find out more about available roles and apply for the programme via the TeamApt website. Deadline for submitting applications is the 17th of March, 2021 and successful applicants will be notified from the 22nd March, 2021.
Apply to the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award & Win US$40,000
Africa Young Innovators for Health Award have launched their maiden challenge designed to highlight and support the work of trailblazing young entrepreneurs developing health innovations on the continent. The deadline for submitting applications is the 31st of March, 2021.
Organizers of the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award want to, with this initiative, encourage business entrepreneurship and help advance promising health care solutions that support and empower healthcare workers – those on the frontline of delivering healthcare to communities.
They therefore look out for innovative healthcare solutions directed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions such as training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare.
Who qualifies to apply?
- Interested persons wanting to apply must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of submitting applications for the Award and must also be a citizen or resident of an African country.
- Successful applicants will have to demonstrate how their inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact on healthcare workers.
How applications are evaluated
Applicants need to show their innovation is scalable, measurable, have a sustainable and positive impact on healthcare workers and that their innovation is commercially viable and at least at the proof of concept stage.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Innovation: The solution must have an innovative character, meaning it must break new ground and meet a challenge in its city, region or country.
- Scalability: The applicant must show the innovation can be scaled up and used in a wider region of the country, neighboring countries or across the continent.
- Impact: Your solution must show a measurable and sustainable impact on health. Importantly, the health solution needs to show not only that it supports, equips, protects and trains healthcare workers but that this is measurable and can be maintained and is therefore sustainable.
- Commercial viability: The innovative solution must be commercially viable, so they have to see that it is a business proposition, that it can compete effectively with its competitors and make a profit.
Benefits of the African Young Innovators for Health Award
Grand prize – $40,000
Second prize – $20,000
Third prize – $15,000
Participants will enter a 3-month Business Mentorship program from successful entrepreneurs.
If relevant, successful applicants will get technical support with Intellectual Property protection.
You will gain exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public.
The Africa Young Innovators for Health award is ably supported by IFPMA, a research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe and SpeakUp Africa, a policy and advocacy action tank dedicated to catalysing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. APPLY HERE
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!