The Africa Startup Initiative Program (ASIP) by Startupbootcamp AfriTech is looking for the nextgen of startups disrupting industry sectors including FinTech, InsureTech, AgriTech, eCommerce, Digital Health, and CleanTech.
This programme is ideal for startups with a mobile tech focus. It is currently backed by anchor partner Telecel Group and additional corporate partners are lining up to engage with startups through pilots and Proof of Concepts projects that can open the doors for longer term commercial agreements.
According to Africa Startup Initiative Program (ASIP), it intends scouting within the next month and the corporate Founding Partners will help determine the key focus areas of the startup applicants.
Corporate Partners are also invited to join the selection committee which determines the final 10 startups that participate in the 3 month ASIP Accelerator Program. This is a unique opportunity to bring startup innovation into your organization, and SBC AfriTech will help facilitate successful pilot projects with your organization.
Since 2017, the programme has accelerated 29 African startups that have set an incredibly high standard for the next program, where 90% are still operating and scaling at impressive rates, 40% have raised follow-on rounds of funding and 50% of the startups raising capital have closed rounds at valuations more than 10 times since Demo Day.
Applications will soon open and the 10 startups in the program will receive benefits valued at more than €500,000, including credits from AWS, Google Cloud Services, and many more. SBC also invests €15,000 in cash.
Other benefits in the Africa Startup Initiative Program include;
Investor Access – Where you meet the most active VCs and Angel investors in your industry from around the world
Masterclasses – Expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals – from business model canvas, lean methodology to fundraising
Living Expenses – €15,000 in cash per team to cover living expenses during the program. Find out more on the benefits.
Applications to the Africa Startup Initiative Programme will open on 15th March and close on the 14th May. Demo Day is 23rd of September, 2021. NOTE: StartupBootcamp takes 8% equity in the companies. Find out more.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!