Tommy Hilfiger announces launch its third annual global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge, supporting entrepreneurial startup and scale-up stage companies developing solutions and making the fashion landscape more inclusive.
Its mission according Tommy Hilfiger, is creating a fashion that Wastes Nothing and Welcomes All. The fashion frontier challenge will support entrepreneurs who are standing up for what they believe in and are committing to driving change in their communities.
The prizes for winners of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge aim at ﬁnancing and providing knowledge to grow their business ideas.
Launched in 2018, the third edition of the this fashion challenge endeavours to support black, indigenous and people of color entrepreneurs, especially those working to advance their communities and nurture a more inclusive future of fashion.
After the outdooring of the initiative Mr Tommy Hilger said that,
“I have been inspired by this talented group of social entrepreneurs whose innovations are making the fashion landscape more inclusive and sustainable.”
All interested fashion entrepreneurs are welcome to submit their applications which focus on creating an inclusive fashion value-chain.
Successful applicants are going to be narrowed down to six finalists and invited to virtually develop their project plans with the assistance of dedicated Tommy Hilfiger and external subject matter experts. There will be coaching from an experienced pitch coach, and the finalists will pitch their final concept to a prestigious jury panel and associate audience at the worldwide Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event, slated for early 2022.
What does Tommy Hilfiger consider a startup and a scale-up?
The Startup: The business should be in its early stages, it’s yet to reach product-market fit, still experimenting with customer segmentation and working toward overall positive contribution margin but you are making some revenue.
The Scaleup: The company has a validated product with product-market fit with a clear and sustainable unit economics (outlook), and it is in a growth-mode. You must have made revenue for at least a year.
- After applying, successful applicants will be notified in June 2021 to progress to the second round of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge.
- Once selected, participants provide additional information regarding their business enterprise, including a one-minute pitch video.
Note: Applications should be in English and business pitch also in English.
Progressing further will be six (6) finalists who are invited to further develop their business or project plans during a digital Design Sprint with the support of a team of dedicated internal Tommy Hilfiger associates and external specialists in October 2021.
Each finalist will pitch their concept at the global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event in early 2022, with a chance to win the prize package.
The Prize Package
- Win up to €200,000 and a chance at an additional €15,000 prize for winning the “Audience Favorite Vote”
- A year-long mentorship with Tommy Hilfiger’s internal experts globally and access to Tommy Hilfiger’s network brand association
- A place on the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Program (ISEP)
- Year-long INSEAD mentorship
The Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge application closes at midnight of 8th March, 2021.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!