Applications for the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2021 are now open. The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded 6-month long programme for outstanding young entrepreneurs from developing and emerging markets, aiming to connect young founders from all over the world and offers a mentoring programme tailored to their particular challenges. It also seeks to develop their entrepreneurial skills and international networks.
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2021 starts with a digital kick-off conference from 1st to 5th March 2021. In the following six months, the young founders will have the opportunity to develop their company with the support of a personal mentor and to exchange ideas with other young founders and obtain feedback.
The Westerwelle Foundation will select the best 10 performing young founders and invite them to the Top-10-Conference in Berlin in autumn 2021. During which time the selected entrepreneurs will pitch to investors, participate in workshops and networking events as well as get an insight into German startup scene.
Another benefit of this programme is assistance beyond the Westerwelle Young Founders programme as there remain a contact person for the young founders who will help find you suitable experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learning with current cohorts or celebrate successes.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must have recently founded a for-profit company with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market-Fit and has previously secured first external funding (if your business requires that)
- Based in a developing or emerging market
- Have a good working knowledge of English
- Readily available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls for the 6-months period.
Deadline for applying to the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2021 is 9th December, 2021.
Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company or organization? Email your story to email@example.com.
Apply to the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award & Win US$40,000
Africa Young Innovators for Health Award have launched their maiden challenge designed to highlight and support the work of trailblazing young entrepreneurs developing health innovations on the continent. The deadline for submitting applications is the 31st of March, 2021.
Organizers of the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award want to, with this initiative, encourage business entrepreneurship and help advance promising health care solutions that support and empower healthcare workers – those on the frontline of delivering healthcare to communities.
They therefore look out for innovative healthcare solutions directed at supporting, protecting, and empowering healthcare workers through solutions such as training programmes, providing protective equipment or improving the quality of healthcare.
Who qualifies to apply?
- Interested persons wanting to apply must be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of submitting applications for the Award and must also be a citizen or resident of an African country.
- Successful applicants will have to demonstrate how their inventive healthcare solution is scalable, measurable and makes a lasting impact on healthcare workers.
How applications are evaluated
Applicants need to show their innovation is scalable, measurable, have a sustainable and positive impact on healthcare workers and that their innovation is commercially viable and at least at the proof of concept stage.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Innovation: The solution must have an innovative character, meaning it must break new ground and meet a challenge in its city, region or country.
- Scalability: The applicant must show the innovation can be scaled up and used in a wider region of the country, neighboring countries or across the continent.
- Impact: Your solution must show a measurable and sustainable impact on health. Importantly, the health solution needs to show not only that it supports, equips, protects and trains healthcare workers but that this is measurable and can be maintained and is therefore sustainable.
- Commercial viability: The innovative solution must be commercially viable, so they have to see that it is a business proposition, that it can compete effectively with its competitors and make a profit.
Benefits of the African Young Innovators for Health Award
Grand prize – $40,000
Second prize – $20,000
Third prize – $15,000
Participants will enter a 3-month Business Mentorship program from successful entrepreneurs.
If relevant, successful applicants will get technical support with Intellectual Property protection.
You will gain exposure and recognition from global healthcare leaders and the public.
The Africa Young Innovators for Health award is ably supported by IFPMA, a research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe and SpeakUp Africa, a policy and advocacy action tank dedicated to catalysing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. APPLY HERE
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!