WhatsApp Inc. introduces WhatsApp Business App to make it easier for companies to connect with their customers, and more conveniently for the over 1.3 billion users to chat with businesses that matter to them and its rolling out in some selected markets.
The WhatsApp Business App is particularly targets small businesses who want to take advantage of the platform more conveniently. By this move, WhatsApp wants to improve the business experience currently ongoing on the social media app. With this, it becomes easier for businesses to respond to customers, separating customer and personal messages and creating an official presence just as facebook does.
These are the features of the WhatsApp Business App:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
The company urges users to continue using WhatsApp as usual as there’s no need to download the WhatsAapp app again if you currently have one installed. You continue to have full control over the messages you receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.
WhatsApp Inc. says according to a Morning Consult study, “Over 80% of small businesses in India and Brazil say WhatsApp helps them both communicate with customers and grow their business today.”
As it is obvious that the tech giant is testing the waters with this innovation, WhatsApp Business App is rolling out only on Google Play store in these selected countries: Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S. Consumers in other regions are promised will be getting on board in the coming weeks. As and when it reaches Africa we shall let you know.
Got any African tech tip or news article for publication, send it to email@example.com.