The Apple Entrepreneur Camp calls for applications from female founders and developers worldwide and deadline is the 26th of March, 2021. A camp which includes an immersive tech lab, mentorship, support and education.
The goal of Apple Entrepreneur Camp is supporting entrepreneurs underrepresented in the tech space in their journey to building the next generations of cutting-edge applications and forming a global network which encourages pipeline and longevity of founders from different backgrounds.
At the core of this Camp is an intensive technology lab working one-on-one with Apple experts and engineers to significantly accelerate your app. Female founders will also hear from Apple executives and leaders on a variety of topics, such as the latest advances in machine learning and augmented reality.
Female founders and developers will again have the opportunity to connect as a cohort to discuss challenges specific to their communities, and form relationships with your fellow attendees. At the conclusion of the lab, participants have the opportunity to present their progress, get feedback, and chat with some of Apple’s most senior leaders.
Apple believes that gender expression is a fundamental right, hence encouraging all women founders as well as developers across the globe to apply to this program.
- Qualifying startup must have a female founder, co-founder or CEO
- The female developer must be proficient in Swift or Objective-C
- The developed app can be demonstrated live
- Interested participants must be above 18 years and be proficient in the English Language.
- You must be available for the entirety of the program.
Benefits of the Apple Entrepreneurs Camp
- A one-on-one code level guidance from Apple engineers
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders
The application process
It consists of four (4) parts including uploads and prompt written responses
- Company details: This tells Apple about your startup and you will provide contact information for up to three employees who would attend if you are selected.
- The app: You will provide details about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future: Describe what you plan to gain from participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, and your plans for the future.
- Other additional information: Select the dates for which you’d like to apply and provide any additional comments.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp says your application will be kept on file for one year. For more details about the program find out here. The camp commences in July 20th and ends on the 29th, 2021. APPLY HERE.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!