AFIDBA calls for applications to the 2021 AFIDBA Accelerator Program aimed at supporting digital and inclusive startups in Africa towards scaling up. The partner incubators for AFIDBA are La Fabrique (Burkina Faso), Makesense (Senegal), Impact Lab (Morocco) and Innohub (Ghana).
AFIDBA fully known as – Afd For Inclusive and Digital Business in Africa – and which launched in January 2019 is a six (6) month support program dedicated to entrepreneurs and inclusive businesses in acceleration phase who are integrating into their business model, the vulnerable populations with very low incomes and with little or no access to essential goods & services.
The goal of the AFIDBA accelerator program is to contribute to the scaling up of the companies who successfully complete the program. With this, a combined 60 startups from the partner incubators in Senegal, Morocco, Burkina Faso and Ghana will be chosen. Some of whom will receive financing from the dedicated €500,000 fund.
Entrepreneurs have the chance of winning up to €15,000 (50% grant, 50% interest-free loan) for their company.
- Must be a committed and visionary entrepreneur running an impact business
- Your company is already generating revenue and want to take it to the next level
- You are one looking to boost your activities and develop your business
- An entrepreneur whose business involve working closely with vulnerable communities
- You are improving the living conditions of the vulnerable population
- You have to be available for 1-2 appointments a week for the 6 months period to attend the AFIDBA Acceleration Program
See the rules for the AFIDBA program
Some of the selection criteria include
- Your project must be pro gender enough
- The project or business must possess a strong digital dimension
- Successful projects must show strong potential for scaling up
What to expect during the program
- A one on one supporting program by means of strengthening business plans, going to market, as well as helping in team building, financing, impact, business model and more.
- A collective supporting program also, which involves collective training on BoP populations, digital tools, etc.
It is open to all Africans. DEADLINE is February 5th, 2021.
Click to apply in SENEGAL
Click to apply in GHANA
Click to apply in MOROCCO
To apply in Burkina Faso, email@example.com
Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company or organization? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!