The Pan African Women Empowerment Network (PAWEN) invites aspiring women entrepreneurs to apply to the 2021 Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program. A program seeking to provide aspiring female entrepreneurs with the necessary confidence, connections and competence to build the right foundation for their business ventures.
Participants of the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program (AEP) will be receiving practical knowledge and guidance on how they can move from the idea stage to the startup stage by implementing a model that assures long-term profitability and sustainability of their companies.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Women from all African countries
- Career professionals or students aiming to become full-time entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurs in search of a model to evaluate opportunities, manage startup and finance new ventures.
- You also qualify if an are an entrepreneur that wants to revisit your business models to enable them become more profitable and sustainable.
- One must have proficiency in verbal and written English.
- You must have regular (at least weekly) access to the Internet via a computer or tablet
- An entrepreneur who has 6 – 8 hours weekly to dedicate to the program
- A woman who has passion to establish a profitable, successful and sustainable enterprise.
The two (2) Phases of Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program 2021
PHASE 1 is running from March 2021 to May 2021. This stage empowers successful applicants with a comprehensive training adapted from a curriculum designed by an international organisation and used in more than 100 countries.
Sessions will be facilitated by experienced African entrepreneurs and faculty members of leading Business Schools. Mentors will also work with founders by helping them navigate the business landscape with less challenges.
PHASE 2 runs between June 2021 and August 2021. This further develops competencies of the most promising 50 entrepreneurs from phase 1 with a practical one-on-one business coaching from experienced business owners to help them start and grow their businesses successfully.
The promising 50 entrepreneurs have the opportunity to pitch for start-off grants and other funding.
Aspiring Entrepreneurs Program Structure
The curriculum is structured to include theses monthly activities:
- Peer review Sessions
- Book and Article Reviews
- Group Mentoring Sessions
- Individual coaching sessions in Phase 2 only
Benefits for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- You enjoy a practical knowledge to help you start up and grow your business
- Opportunity to network with other women to help and support you
- You get mentoring from successful women entrepreneurs across Africa
- There are resources to help you grow and scale your business
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with other African women and access startup grants.
Deadline for submitting applications is 12th of February 2021. Successful applicants will receive email notifications on the 24th of February, 2021 and the onboarding of the aspiring entrepreneurs commences on March 1.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!