AWS Activate invites application of female entrepreneurs for the AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led. The program aims at supporting Women Founded or Led startups in Africa and providing access to AWS mentors and experts.
This is in recognition that many women founders are perpetually busy and fiercely dedicated to their businesses, ambitions, and families, there such a platform is highly welcome to give them a push. In 2021 the team will be launching the AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startups program.
Qualifying participants can be building technology core or technology-enabled businesses, that are solving real problems and working to implement technology solutions within their existing or new startup businesses.
Who qualifies for AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led.
- Be able to commit up to 3 hours every 5 weeks for AWS Africa Startup Connect sessions.
- Be availabile to connect with mentors based on scheduled opportunities.
- Be willing to learn from and share their own experience with peers.
- Complete a 5 slide story deck about the founder and startup (template will be provided to all participants)
- Have an interest in learning about new technologies & services like Machine Learning and AI to enhance their products, services and business.
- Qualify as Startups that:
- are founded, co-founded by Women or have a Women in a senior leadership position.
- are based in or have their primary business and teams in Africa.
- are technology core or enabled startups.
- are less than 10 years old.
- have secured or have the intention to raise pre-Seed, Seed or Series A investment.
Benefits of joining the AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startups program
- AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startup Sessions.
- Women Founded & Led Office Hours (Access to Account Managers & Solution Architects).
- Access to AWS startup support programs like Mentorship & AWS Activate.
- Support for qualifying innovative Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence Use Cases & Proof of Concepts.
- Qualifying introductions to relevant Accelerators & Investors.
- Access to relevant AWS events & trainings.
- Networking with other Women Startup Founders & Leaders from Africa.
- Selection for AWS Startup Story reference opportunities.
- Participating startup founders or leaders who already have a working MVP on AWS infrastructure, a market deployed product on AWS or those interested in migrating existing project to AWS may qualify for the AWS migration support program and AWS service credits.
- Women Founded and Led Startups are invited to join by completing the application form by 18 January 2021.
- The AWS Africa startup team will connect with you directly to complete on-boarding process.
- An invitation with the date & time for the first AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led Startups session will be shared in early February 2021.
- Regular updates on 2021 events, trainings and opportunities will be shared with the community.
AWS Africa Startup Connect – Women Founded & Led application deadline is the 18th of January, 2021.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!