The Singapore based Grow Impact Accelerator calls on startups in the foodtech and agtech spaces to apply for the 2021 program in order to supercharge their growth.
The GROW Impact Accelerator is a world-class program backed by AgFunder in San Francisco (USA) for agrifoodtech entrepreneurs to meet a prestigious network of experts and investors to take businesses to the next level of growth.
The accelerator program was designed to create opportunity for international startups like those from Africa looking to expand into the Asia market as well as regional startups aiming to launch onto global stage.
Grow Impact Accelerator Overview
This is a 20-week program helping your company achieve immense growth almost immediately.
It is built around thematic ‘streams’ for founders to create a personalized journey with a cohort mentality.
The program interrogates companies’ value proposition and business model to ensure it is validated, customer-centric and scalable.
The Grow Impact Accelerator program connects foodtech and agtech founders with customers, suppliers, regulators, service providers, mentors, investors as well as with media exposure to accelerate the growth of the business.
The program process
The five-month intensive accelerator program will be delivered virtually until international travels resume to help startup founders,
- It will sharpen growth strategy by means of bespoke mentor support, customer validation and coaching.
- Opportunity to scale aggressively into new markets with customer acquisition, pilot project launches and resource matching.
- Founders can successfully raise investment to fuel business growth and deliver impact across the world.
Selected startup founders should also expect a series of one-on-one virtual coaching with GROW’s innovation and entrepreneurship experts over the five months. A periodic check-ins with the AgFunder-GROW Impact Fund investment team including the integration of a framework for impact measurement and stakeholder communication. There will be opportunities to connect with other agrifoodtech entrepreneurs.
Benefits of the Grow Impact Accelerator Program
- A US$ 100,000 seed funding by the AgFunder GROW Impact Fund and an additional USD$100,000 worth of services & support, from organizations such as AWS & Twilio credits, and packages with Klaviyo, Stripe, Zoom, etc.
- There will be matching of companies with some of the world’s biggest agrifood MNCs (multi-national companies) to help with customer validation and feedback, deploying pilots projects, and securing new sales contracts.
- A curated introduction to AgFunder’s investment network of private and institutional investors worldwide to help you raise your next funding round.
- There will be be available physical workspace in Singapore (or virtual office address, if overseas) throughout the entirety of the program.
The Grow Imapct Accelerator program 2021 is welcoming foodtech and agtech startups in the areas of, Advancing Smallholder Farmers, Novel Foods and Ingredients, Supply Chain Rationalisation, Climate-Smart Food Production, Circular Economy, Food Waste Valorisation as well as Personalized Nutrition & Health.
Deadline for application is 28th February, 2021 and program starts on 5th April.
Find out more about the Grow Impact Accelerator to apply.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!