The past few weeks for some basic schools have been occasioned with career days with children dressed in professional apparels. Surely a sight to behold, but I wish to know what questions these children where asked before they were adorned in those “uniforms”. Were they asked what they dreamed of becoming as I missed out on seeing any kidpreneur?
I keep wondering what the fate is for graduates and graduands during this period that the academic year comes to an end with some learners desiring to fill limited spots by means of internship in firms and industries. If neither you nor your parents own a company for which reason you can be somewhat assured of what the future working lives of your children will be, then start thinking and act smart.
In our quest to have our younger ones “dream big”, one has to identify what is within him or her and start thinking of how best to fine-tune these identified skills and attitudes instead of building a wall between protecting them and daring them to discover their dreams by learning from their own experiences. Watching Peter Schmeichel, father of Danish goalkeeper (Denmark) Kasper at the world cup thought me some lessons; he knows the game of football is a win or loose affair and that anything can happen. He could have stayed back and watch the match on Television but he chose to be present to support the son no matter the outcome.
The World Economic Forum has predicted that the No. 1 skill needed to survive in the Fourth Industrial revolution that is evolving from the paradigm shift taking place worldwide is the ability to solve complex problems. An effective leader is one who develops coping strategies when trying to solve problems, a skill that can be harnessed from childhood so it is imperative to have our young ones up poised as innovative leaders capable of identifying problems, welcoming and solving problems in their early stage.
Let us have our younger ones well placed as ‘Poised Dreamers’, ready to take on the world through creativity and innovation- make this world a better place and make a positive impact. The question then should be “What problem(s) do you see that needs to be resolved?”
- As parents, educators and guardians, help the children to identify, design and develop their passion into a viable business they own by adding value to themselves. Do not influence, take cognizance of emerging strengths and weaknesses and assure them of your support by giving them the freedom to thrive.
- Failure is a long life learning component that children need to know how to accept, they should learn from it and move on in confidence with power. This gives one his or her self-worth as we are accountable for our lives, so it is important to make our decisions and experiences count.
- Be ready and teach the children to follow their dreams even if it means defying anything and anyone. Get things done by yourself, don’t wait for others to do it for you.
- Regardless of the situation, always believe and trust in the children and teach them about grit and failure by repeating practice till they gain mastery.
- A child’s ability to clearly think and staying calm in the midst of ‘storm’, taking calculated steps are asserts that positions them for leadership. Acknowledging that this is a process means being patient and providing a step-by-step approach to problem-solving. Likened to a scientific method, teach them to formulate hypothesis, collect and analyze data, upon inference, build conclusions to ascertain acquired knowledge.
- The scientific method according Daniel Levitin, a neuroscientist, shapes the thinking skills children especially with the technological upsurge children have at their disposal to access, assess and authenticate their findings. Through this process, you can easily harness an entrepreneurial mindset into children and guide them in framing their lines of questioning.
- Enhance communication with your children by asking how their day was, what they plan doing the next day and tell them of yours as well. Throw more light on the hurdles you have or had and how you have or intend to handle them. Do not hesitate to solicit their opinion on resolving these hurdles as this will shape their perception(s) of issues and see them as challenges and not ‘dead-ends’. Help boost their self-esteem and DO NOT shield them from problems by assuring them of the fact that they can have healthy relationships with conflict as they agree to disagree with their peers, siblings and other members of society, this improves their social skills.
What does this mean for educators, curriculum developers and policy makers?
Was this article useful? Kindly leave your comment.
How Entrepreneurs Can Spot Opportunities In COVID-19 Pandemic?
Notwithstanding the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, entrepreneurs need to confront another reality: that it isn’t just a gigantic clean and wellbeing crisis influencing millions, or even billions, of individuals across the world. This is likewise inciting an extraordinary plunge in the worldwide economy. But there are opportunities in covid-19 crisis.
The public authority, general wellbeing and financial reactions are immensely extraordinary on the off chance that you are a business person. As business originators, you will likewise require totally different activity designs set up contingent upon your area and industry.
On the off chance that you are in web-based shopping, food conveyance, video gaming or video conferencing ventures, where the business is as of now blasting, it’s a totally unexpected picture in comparison to in the event that you are maintaining a business in the lodging, café, retail, amusement, or sports enterprises.
Where would entrepreneurs be able to discover opportunities in covid-19?
Opportunities in covid-19 are all over — entrepreneurs need to realize how to remember them to hold onto them.
Prior to diving into market research, ask yourself this inquiry first: “What do individuals need during a wellbeing and monetary crisis?” The main pieces of information are in the words “wellbeing” and “financial.” Then ask yourself, “What aptitudes do I have? What aptitudes do I need or need to learn?”
To begin revealing the requirements of the market, go on the web! There are such countless extraordinary instruments accessible to help check what the market needs. Yet, continue with alert. We actually don’t have an away from of what the enduring effects of the pandemic and monetary aftermath will be, yet entrepreneurs can begin little and scale as they see accomplishment in their new specialty.
Here is a snappy rundown of where to contemplate the market to reveal opportunities in covid-19 pandemic:
- Google Search Trends
- News Reports
- Economic Reports
- Climate Reports
- Health Reports
- International Trade Deals
- Emerging Global Markets
- Technology Acceleration and Innovation
- Local Government Resources and Grants
Seeing how organizations and governments move can serve to ensure you actually and monetarily as we as a whole explore unknown waters. Likewise, with any venture opportunity, entrepreneurs should have enough monetary assets to develop while controlling the outpourings and boosting their inflows of income to endure.
As we see today, any business that gives an answer for help keep the lives of the populace running while they stay in segregation is a demonstrated plan of action that works.
Here is a fast rundown, in no specific request, of the top items and administrations where cash is at present streaming:
- Masks, Personal Protective Equipment, Hand Sanitizers, Temperature Devices, etc.
- Home Essentials and Improvement
- Hospitals, Medical Laboratories, Pharmacy
- Home and Food Delivery Services
- Grocery Stores, Tech/Office Product Retail
- Blogging, Influencer and Digital Marketing
- Online Education and Virtual Services
- Website Design, Coding, Software as a service (SaaS)
- Curriculum Design,Professional Writing, Editing,
- Logistics and Transportation Companies
- Trash Collection, Laundry Services, Landscaping
- Hardware Stores
- Security Services
- Utility Services
- Janitorial, Cleaning and Disinfecting Services
- Pet Products and Services
- Home Beauty
- Entertainment and Gaming
An opportunity to search for opportunities in covid-19 is currently. With any additional time, a business visionary can chip away at reconstructing a site, make new frameworks, converse with clients, overhaul hardware and make new item contributions. Another proposal is to exploit distant work. It is more secure, more profitable and can accompany more pay and more noteworthy way of life adaptability.
Each crisis is an opportunity
Remember that the absolute generally troublesome or fascinating organizations have been made and took off during seasons of crisis.
It is in every case great business practice to tune in to what your clients need to reveal opportunities from inside a current business. Entrepreneurs who effectively study the market will have a preferred position in taking advantage of lucky breaks in the steadily changing scene of our economy.
After the COVID-19 crisis the exercises to learn are:
More restricted travel of products and individuals, eminently business explorers (more far off working and far off gatherings) because of the effect of physical removing necessities. We should factor in future clean emergencies or even new battles because of worldwide congestion.
The possible development in “dematerialization” of items and administrations: for instance, we could observer a blast in 3D printers to create covers and ventilators in every nation.
Greater readiness incorporate dynamic: for instance, we’ve seen organizations like Apple changing their activities essentially overnight to configuration, produce and boat face shields for medical specialists.
The ease item sourcing model, where China and India are the world’s producers, will be finished. Globalization too. This crisis will change the connections among nations and states: introducing new difficulties, new stakes, new perils, new dangers (wellbeing and atmosphere).
Governments should, and will, request to be free and self-ruling concerning basic medical supplies and medicines. We can figure out how Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan have quickly contained COVID-19, however, their populaces are prepared to acknowledge individual following and facial acknowledgment innovations which are not yet worthy in different social orders (a lot of Europe for example). A world less open and, presumably, less free is not out of the ordinary.
With virus control prone to continue in numerous pieces of the globe, we’ll see without a doubt better approaches for life delivering new necessities, which will thus make new opportunities for entrepreneurs. Some new plans of action, new proposals around dematerialization, should be imagined.
In the coming years, the new lord of the world will be the “Amazon of dematerialization”. Also, it will be the entrepreneurs who will execute this new world.
Rahul Raghuwanshi is an SEO specialist and SEO Content Writer at Special Oilfield Services. Special Oilfield Services is one of the leading oil and gas industry maintenance and solution provider based in Oman, UAE.
We provide optimal drilling and completion, vibration monitoring and analysis, mechanical and reliability asset management, chemical solutions, and drilling and completion services along with reliability and asset integrity services, to oil and gas in all over the globe. With our latest and most advanced techniques we deliver best results to our customers. For more information visit our official website speciloilfield.com.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!