The past few weeks for some basic schools have been occasioned with career days with children dressed in professional apparels. Surely a sight to behold, but I wish to know what questions these children where asked before they were adorned in those “uniforms”. Were they asked what they dreamed of becoming as I missed out on seeing any kidpreneur?
I keep wondering what the fate is for graduates and graduands during this period that the academic year comes to an end with some learners desiring to fill limited spots by means of internship in firms and industries. If neither you nor your parents own a company for which reason you can be somewhat assured of what the future working lives of your children will be, then start thinking and act smart.
In our quest to have our younger ones “dream big”, one has to identify what is within him or her and start thinking of how best to fine-tune these identified skills and attitudes instead of building a wall between protecting them and daring them to discover their dreams by learning from their own experiences. Watching Peter Schmeichel, father of Danish goalkeeper (Denmark) Kasper at the world cup thought me some lessons; he knows the game of football is a win or loose affair and that anything can happen. He could have stayed back and watch the match on Television but he chose to be present to support the son no matter the outcome.
The World Economic Forum has predicted that the No. 1 skill needed to survive in the Fourth Industrial revolution that is evolving from the paradigm shift taking place worldwide is the ability to solve complex problems. An effective leader is one who develops coping strategies when trying to solve problems, a skill that can be harnessed from childhood so it is imperative to have our young ones up poised as innovative leaders capable of identifying problems, welcoming and solving problems in their early stage.
Let us have our younger ones well placed as ‘Poised Dreamers’, ready to take on the world through creativity and innovation- make this world a better place and make a positive impact. The question then should be “What problem(s) do you see that needs to be resolved?”
- As parents, educators and guardians, help the children to identify, design and develop their passion into a viable business they own by adding value to themselves. Do not influence, take cognizance of emerging strengths and weaknesses and assure them of your support by giving them the freedom to thrive.
- Failure is a long life learning component that children need to know how to accept, they should learn from it and move on in confidence with power. This gives one his or her self-worth as we are accountable for our lives, so it is important to make our decisions and experiences count.
- Be ready and teach the children to follow their dreams even if it means defying anything and anyone. Get things done by yourself, don’t wait for others to do it for you.
- Regardless of the situation, always believe and trust in the children and teach them about grit and failure by repeating practice till they gain mastery.
- A child’s ability to clearly think and staying calm in the midst of ‘storm’, taking calculated steps are asserts that positions them for leadership. Acknowledging that this is a process means being patient and providing a step-by-step approach to problem-solving. Likened to a scientific method, teach them to formulate hypothesis, collect and analyze data, upon inference, build conclusions to ascertain acquired knowledge.
- The scientific method according Daniel Levitin, a neuroscientist, shapes the thinking skills children especially with the technological upsurge children have at their disposal to access, assess and authenticate their findings. Through this process, you can easily harness an entrepreneurial mindset into children and guide them in framing their lines of questioning.
- Enhance communication with your children by asking how their day was, what they plan doing the next day and tell them of yours as well. Throw more light on the hurdles you have or had and how you have or intend to handle them. Do not hesitate to solicit their opinion on resolving these hurdles as this will shape their perception(s) of issues and see them as challenges and not ‘dead-ends’. Help boost their self-esteem and DO NOT shield them from problems by assuring them of the fact that they can have healthy relationships with conflict as they agree to disagree with their peers, siblings and other members of society, this improves their social skills.
What does this mean for educators, curriculum developers and policy makers?
Was this article useful? Kindly leave your comment.
How to Gain Self-confidence as a Professional Trader
Confidence is one of the key ingredients which will allow you to trade the market like a pro trader. If you wish to build your career in the investment world, we strongly recommend that you learn to take the trades with strong confidence. It might take a while to get used to the overall concept of trading but once you become good at analyzing the market data, you can build your confidence level. But developing your skill in the retail trading industry is not that easy. You have to follow some specific rules and only then you can expect to become a full-time trader.
In this article, we are going to give you some advanced tips which will allow you to trade the market with a high level of precision. Once you become good at following the tips mentioned in this article, you will never struggle in the ETF trading industry.
Forget about the past trades
The novice traders get biased with the losing trades. They keep on monitoring the market and repent of their mistakes. On the contrary, the professional traders take smart steps and without any repentance, they look for the next trade signals. If you wish to develop yourself as a professional trader, we strongly recommend that you forget about your past trades. You can’t undo your past. Instead, look for the next trade signals strategically and try to find the solutions to this market.
Trade with long term goals
You must take the trades in the market with long-term goals. Without setting up long-term goals in the investment business, it is very hard to stay tuned with the market changes. View the website of Saxo and learn about the importance of having strong determination in the trading business. Unless you are determined with your actions, you will keep on losing money most of the time. So, follow a conservative way and systematically take the trades. Once you become good at evaluating the key direction of the market, you can easily change your life.
Analyze the high impact news
Learning about fundamental analysis will improve your decision-making skills to a great extent. Very few traders in the retail trading industry have the skills to evaluate the fundamental data in the market. If you want to survive in the retail market, you must learn to take your trades systematically. Forget the fact that you are know everything about this market. See how the news data changes the course of the trend. As you become skilled in analyzing high-impact news, you will slowly learn to take the trades with strong confidence. This will also make you a better trader and let you systematically trade this market.
Create a trading routine
To build strong confidence in the trading profession, you should trade the market with a balanced trading routine. Unless you take your trades with a proper trading routine, it will be really hard to bring any positive change to your trading system. As a trader, you might be thinking that you know every bit of detail. But this is not all true. In your trading routine, you must define all the basic rules. If you don’t trade the market with predefined rules, it will be a big challenge to make bring changes to your trading system. Follow the basic rules and trade the market with long-term goals.
Trade with low risk
You should always trade the market with low risk. Once you start taking the trades with managed risk, it will become an easy task to develop self-confidence. The majority of novice traders don’t have the strong skills to deal with the complex market. Usually, they aggressively take the trades and they lose a significant portion of the trading capital. So, trade with only 2% risk in the trades and it will help you to build strong confidence at trading.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!