LabEight Africa, a venture initiative helping entrepreneurs by providing support for startups, calls for application from entrepreneurs in Africa to its LaunchPad Spring 2021 programme.
LabEight Africa Program is supporting entrepreneurs on the continent by providing them the needed operational and technical assistance and equipping these startup founders with business as well as leadership skills they really need in order to build socially conscious solutions. In so doing, delivering on its mandate of growing a world class local ecosystem.
The objective of the launchpad program is,
- To train and mentor young African entrepreneurs to devlop world-class solutions
- To be socially impacting, by contributing hugely to the tech ecosysytem
- To help find solutions to social and economic burdens in Africa
The program offers the following;
LabEight Africa will assign a team of experienced and accomplished entrepreneurs to offer in-depth and personalized advice.
This is a 3-month program which starts on March 1st 2021 and demo day is due for June 15th 2021. Six (6) outstanding startups will be accepted into the LaunchPad Spring 2021 program.
Benefits for entrepreneurs
- A CTO/CxO match making model where successful serial entrepreneurs and experienced product developers join your company’s founding team.
- There is going to be One-on-One meeting with coaches and mentors from the LabEight team, which comprise of over 25 serial entrepreneurs and investors.
- LabSeries events addressing topics relevant to startups including understanding market size, choosing a revenue model and how to pitch.
- Exclusive Pitch Night where companies have the opportunity to pitch to an audience of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors and community members.
Your network determines your worth. LabEight Africa launchpad will help you build relationships within each cohort of companies and the community of global LabEight alumni.
According to LabEight Africa, their incubator program is good for you because, they reach out to work with local entrepreneurs in building solutions that are sustainable. You focus on one niche and develop solutions for that niche. They located in Toronto, London Washinton DC and Lagos.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to share your story with the world!