Nigeria’s fintech startup providing digital financial services solutions and payment infrastructure directly to consumers known as TeamApt, has launched its first Women in Tech Internship Programme.
The Women in Tech Internship Programme is aimed at the university graduate with an interest in building a career in technology. It is a six (6) month paid internship established to address some of the gender disparity that currently exists in Nigeria’s tech ecosystem – particularly within the fintech space.
Their goal at TeamApt for this women in tech internship programmme is providing women with the opportunity to grow their skills by gaining the necessary experience in advancing their careers. Applications are now open.
Founded in 2015, TeamApt has worked with a wide range of African banks and 100% of all commercial banks in Nigeria. As part of the company’s efforts to deepen financial inclusion across Nigeria, the company recently shifted its focus from delivering financial services products to banks, to delivering products for consumers and businesses. They have built on their stellar performance in 2020, recording 150% overall QonQ growth and $3.9 billion transaction value across their existing products – Moniepoint and Monnify.
Speaking on the launch and call for applications in a press statement, Managing Director and CEO of TeamApt Tosin Eniolorunda says,
“Many women continue to face challenges in advancing their careers in tech. While the technology industry continuously strives to bridge the gender inequality gap, female talent remains widely underrepresented in most technical roles.”
He disclosed that as an organisation, they are committed to equality and normalizing the inclusion of women in such roles. The TeamApt Women in Tech Internship Programme is one of the ways by which the fintech company is ensuring an increase in the existing quota and provide opportunities for viable careers within the tech industry.
Interested applicants in the TeamApt Women in Tech Internships Programme can find out more about available roles and apply for the programme via the TeamApt website. Deadline for submitting applications is the 17th of March, 2021 and successful applicants will be notified from the 22nd March, 2021.
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!