The Values and Ventures Competition calls for applications from students across the globe in a business solving a problem in their communities, to pitch their ideas conscious capitalism ventures. The winners will take home thousands of dollars to implement their ideas.
Values and Ventures Competition is the brain child of Neeley School of Business at the Texas Christian University. It is a challenge seeking solutions like recycling plants that employ the homeless, better access to autism treatment, human-powered farm machines, real-time organ donor communication and many more.
Criteria for Values and Ventures competition
Firstly, business ideas being submitted for the Values and Ventures competition should be for-profit and must be enterprises that are value-centered. Don’t apply if your idea is not for profit.
Your business plans ought to be demonstrating a societal or environmental need to be filled and be profit oriented.
Who is eligible?
If you are currently offering an undergraduate program during the 2020-22 academic school year (August 2020 – May 2021), you are surely eligible.
- In-kind awards from sponsors.
- Honorable Mentions (3) $500 each
- Elevator Pitch Third $1,000
- Elevator Pitch Second $1,500
- Elevator Pitch First $2,000
- Honorable Mentions (6) $5,000 each
- Third Place $20,000
- Second Place $40,000
- Grand Prize $100,000*
All the teams also qualify for special cash awards such as Founders Award – $5,000, Sly Innovation Award – $2,500 and the Ripple Effect Award – $2,500.
The virtual award for 2021 is rewarding innovators (undergrads) and investors. The innovators will pitch their business plans and act as investors to the other teams, where they choose who progresses to the next stage of the competition.
Values and Ventures Competition stresses that business plans need to be profit oriented while addressing societal challenges including supporting needy people, addressing environmental crisis, giving back to the community.
Since launching in 2010, the Values and Ventures Competition has seen over 138 universities participatind, 162 companies being launched and a US$610,000 in cash prizes awarded in the process. Read more about this competition and apply before February 22, 2021
A Male and A Female Entrepreneur to Win US$50K Each in the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize. APPLY!!!
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2021 aimed at finding the brightest young agri-food entrepreneurs on the African continent. This is a search for agribusinesses that are bringing tech, innovation and passion to the agriculture and food space.
The Gogettaz Agripreneur Prize is organized by Generation Africa, a partnership between Econet and Yara International to strengthen the ecosystem for youth entrepreneurs in the agri-food sector across the continent.
The prize is looking for agribusinesses that show the following features;
- Environmental sustainability
- Social and commercial impact
- Originality and innovation
- Market potential and traction
- An investible team
Who Qualifies to apply?
- Be 35 years and below
- Hold nationality (with an official ID) from any African Union member country
- Be a founding member of the startup and play an active role in its operation
- Have no criminal record
The submitted company shall meet the following terms,
- The business should be legally registered in any AU member country and also headquartered on the continent
- It is built to be financially sustainable either as for-profit or non-profit generating revenue and not solely dependent on donor funding
- The venture currently plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
After a thorough review of applications by expert jury, semi-finalists will receive notification via Facebook and email by the 17th of July 2021 where they will each be interviewed and asked for further information.
By the 27th of July, the finalists will be announced with six (6) males and six (6) females to compete in the final virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) virtual meeting 2021.
The Grand Prize
Two successful entrepreneurs; male and female, will each receive $50,000 for being the most innovative and scalable agric business idea. All GoGettaz finalists will also be awarded mentorship, programming linkages and other guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey. APPLY HERE
Deadline for applications
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize welcomes applications till the 14th of June, 2021.
Got News for us?
Submit Press Release/News: Have you recently launched your startup, raised funding or any news about your company? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to share your story with the world!